Where did Josiah Die?
2 Chronicles 35:24 - His servants therefore took him out of that chariot, and put him in the second chariot that he had; and they brought him to Jerusalem, and he died, and was buried in one of the sepulchres of his fathers. And all Judah and Jerusalem mourned for Josiah.
Did Josiah die in Megiddo or at Jerusalem?
By reading both accounts carefully it becomes apparent that the order of events was as follows:
1. Josiah is wounded by the King of Egypt.
2. His servants put him into a chariot while he is still alive.
3. They begin to take him back to Jerusalem.
4. Josiah dies before they even make it out of Megiddo.
5. When he arrives in Jerusalem he is already dead.
This order of events fits perfectly with both passages. This is not a contradiction.