Proponents of new Bible versions specialize in creating confusion, including arguments about the "oldest" manuscripts, "best" manuscripts, or "majority of" manuscripts. You will learn the story behind the Bible, taking you from the earliest copies, through the history of translations. An Understandable History of the Bible also covers the following:
- A simple description of over 5,000 pieces of Scripture that provide our "witnesses" of the original writings.
- Scripture comparisons
- History of the development of English
- An entire chapter on King James
- The efforts of men to translate these into the languages of their people, and how Satan tried to stop it.
- How the Jesuits started their plan to destroy the Protestants' faith in their Scriptures, and replace them with a "bible"; that contained pro-Catholic readings.
- Wescott and Hort's "greatest feat in textual criticism... replacing the Universal Text of the Authorized Version with the Local Text of Egypt and the Roman Catholic manuscripts..."
- Westcott and Hort, two men who lifted themselves up as "experts" on the Scriptures, were really "unbelievers" Yet, modern translations are based on their work.
- Wescott's perverted views on Romanism, statues, purgatory, Mariolatry, the Second Coming of Christ, heaven, socialism, and more. You will be shocked!
- Information on the "Oxford Movement"
- How apostasy enters our churches
- A critique on modern scholarship, including James White and his feeble charges against the Bible.
After reading this book, you will see clearly why the King James Bible is the only Bible you can trust! Extremely well documented, with over 250 footnoted references, this book will benefit anyone desiring to better understand the Bible version controversy.
|Shipping Weight:||2.25 lbs.|